Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Love

Have you ever felt like you NEED someone? Not in a lustful kinda way, it’s not that kind of blog. Not in a practical sharing of back scratching either. I’m talking about a need that is so acute you feel that if you’re not able to breathe the same air he does, you can't inhale at all. The kind of need that leaves you holding your breath while you reach for the phone because your whole world may just crash down around you if he doesn't answer. The kind of need that tricks your mind with phantom feelings of arms around you in a safe, solid, warm embrace.

While our lives are happily complicated by the chaos of four children and one pup, two businesses, one home and the routines, debts, uncertainties, demands that come with, there are moments where I feel innately that he is my other half. While we go about our days with separate schedules of places to be, things to do, people to see, I know I am incomplete without him by my side, literally. Usually it's just a murmured awareness, but I am hit by moments that missing him is so intense it stops my breath and hurts my heart. I am so happy that at the end of the day I can curl up beside him and just be whole again.

N

PS: My Beloved's Response? "Oh, I thought it was about the dog". Sigh.

2 comments:

Krista Dolan said...

Awww......
that is soo nice...
are you trying to butter him up for something??? ;)

Krista

Melissa said...

Aw dang. I thought you were talking about ME. :)

But srsly...yes, I do know what you mean.