We're getting back in the swing of things - managed a productive day of laundry (yes, folded and put away!), a big batch of chilli (by Steve), some light shopping and lunch with girls. Bedtime went well with all four. I read "Guess How Much I Love You" with a girl on each knee which was one of those perfect moments - too the moon and back! Then Jack read me the boys' bedtime story, which is something I'll never get tired of, I love to hear him read. There was some protest from Wen but I left the room with her quiet promising "I'll be right back" and returned a few minutes later. I did this several times until I looked in once and they were both out. I'm hoping this will let her know we are very close while allowing her the independence to fall asleep on her own as she has been.
For the record, Xiao Jie is in pullups, Little Miss is not, the difference being that PJ knows what pullups are and really wanted to wear undies, in spite of her accident last night. I'll give her a few more tries. With Wen, I'm just much more content knowing she's not lying in a puddle of pee, which will allow me not to risk waking her up several times through the night. I hope if she stays asleep she'll be happy through the night. If they end up in pullups long term, so what? They're both still less than 3 and that's on the young side to be consistently dry through the night.
Tomorrow is my last day "off". I don't work Friday or Monday as my regular schedule so I still have almost a week to go, but tomorrow is my last official day. I'm not thrilled about going back - I would love more time with just her and I to hang out and do fun stuff together, do some therapy and get to know each other. But the ugly truth is we can't exist on one income - not in this house with three kids who are partial to eating and a fourth who lists it as one of his favourite things to do. I have an annoying voice who keeps whispering that these formative years of their lives are so short and important, I should make it work to stay home with them for the short term, but I keep telling the voice that while we do spend extra on skating, music, swimming and basketball, the isolated splurge on a toy or outing (or over priced Halloween costume times four - eek!) other expensive things are necessities such as the afore mentioned eating, clothes, mortgage, power, utilities and not least, the huge crator of debt that facilitated building our perfect family. Ah well... I can still dream of the lottery, and once one of them signs their professional sporting contract, we'll be golden!
N
2 comments:
I think you're right to have Wen wear the pull-ups. To me, it is more important that she sleep well and comfortably...that can only help her. The pull-ups can go away later, when the time is right. No worries!
Regarding work...it all boils down to this: money sucks. I think I saw that once on a t-shirt or something. :)
Great updates! I hear ya about regression, regression, and what to do in the moment. That is Kira right now and driving me crazy!! But we will get through it. Like you say, not that big of a deal after the fact!
Photos???
will keep myself glued here, and try to work on my blog...
Norma
Post a Comment