Sunday, May 11, 2008

Princess for a Day

Auntie Shulilah scored tickets to the Children's Wish Foundation Princess Tea. It's a fundraiser they hold each year for little girls and their moms on Mother's Day. So Shu, Tink and I met at the Westin Palace, PJ decked out in her full princess beauty. For the record, Shu and I are determined to go in costume next year!


My Miss had a blast - not the most dainty princess there, she ran around, strutted, spun in circles and crashed gracelessly more than once. She chugged her "tea" (lemonaid) leaving a line of liquid on her forehead and spilling some of it down the front of her sparkly dress. She even miss-shot her pee, hitting the outside of the bowl and floor. (Luckily, I anticipated this and was holding her dress and tights out of the way). I'm afraid my Princess Tink has inherited both parents' grace. While the competition was tough, I do think she was the cutest one there.


She may not exude grace, but she enjoys it - loves to dress up and be pretty. So she had her nails done in purple, had her hair curled and lips glossed. She collected autographs from the grownup princesses and one Prince Charming, and did not miss a chance to flirt with herself in a mirror.


While we had an incredible time, there were moments of longing, excitement and sadness as Annie is far away. Next year, Shu and I are going in full garb, I'll have two little princesses, and with a bit of luck and a lot of prayer, she'll have one too!


Here she is in all her beauty! (but sadly in no particular order as I'm not nearly that talented)




1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is SO sweet!