Sunday, July 27, 2008

Guess Who?

... a much happier girl!

In June I "met" another mom who was travelling to Lanzhou to pick up their daughter, whom they were naming Anna (go figure). I asked her to look in on our Anna, she took her name and birthdate without promises and I didn't hear from her again for several weeks. Then I get an email asking if I received her email... um NO! Apparently she tried to email me some information several times but I never got it. I even got an email explaining that she had already sent the information but never the information itself. I started to worry she was playing with my mind, until this morning, when I opened my email to see THIS beautiful, sunny, SMILING face:



And we received this information:

Ouyang Chunwen was in foster family since march 28th 2007, she was quiet, and pretty clever, did not talk too much, now big change of her,loving smiling and laughing, could talk with others, could speak loudly, could help adults for some job, loves watching TV, playing outdoors, can play with other kids. The photo was taken in July.

We weren't told she was in foster care. That's very very good and a little bit bad. That means she had much more individualized care over the past year and a bit, had the opportunity to bond with a family which provided her with the ability to bond with us more easily. It also means she's more likely to grieve harder when we pick her up in September, having bonded to that family. I'm sooo glad she had the opportunity to know a family and live outside the orphanage. I hope we have the opportunity to know them too.

Man, I LOVE that kid.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a BEAUTIFUL smile! I am so pleased to see her, and I can only imagine what this new photo and information means to you. I'm really glad this woman was't flaking on you!!

Jen said...

She is so beautiful!!!! She looks very happy and healthy!

I hope everything goes well for you in September!

Sue said...

Now that is the little girl you have dreamed about! How beautiful she is. I can't wait to meet her!!!

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

No bad!!! Grieving is GOOD GOOD GOOD!! Not fun but good.

I am glad to see that is smiling and happy in the new picture!!