While I am anxious to meet and receive Anna, I'm careful not to wish the time away... We've got three amazing kids who are growing up WAY too fast - if I wish away the next two years I'll miss sooo much.
At the grocery store the other day, we found some Cadbury eggs on the way in. The boys wanted one so I agreed we could put two in the cart. If they earned them by listening, I would buy them at the end, if not, we'd have to put them back. They thought that was a great plan. When I decided I wanted one too Jack agreed, saying "You can earn yours by not getting angry!"
Elliot is a handful, he's certainly his own little person. We're trying to approach toilet training, but he really doesn't care. He is so laid back about everything, actually, discipline can be difficult b/c there is very little we can "do to him" that he cares about. He shakes it off and waits to get out of the dog house. He is the sweetest little giver.
Paxten's latest trick is climbing on the dining room table. Over and over and over... It's a fantastic game! Since Christmas and her illness she has decided being a content wallflower is no fun. She has developed quite the attitude. I'm looking forward to her speech development so she can start using signs or words to express her wishes instead of SCREAMS.
Anyway... wanted to take a moment to appreciate what I have, not what I'm waiting for.
N
No comments:
Post a Comment