Friday, November 21, 2008

A Day of Surprizes

Today was as busy as any other... drop of Jack at school, E to preschool, run past my office, get to the doc appt on time. Over to the grocery to drop of a script, pick up cereal and milk, and to the bank to put in deposits and take out daycare cash. I ran out of time to talk to Telus about how my handsfree unit has stopped working. Pick up E from preschool, home for lunch and quiet time before meeting Jack at the bus, heading into Sears for a photo shoot, home for supper, bathes, stories, bed... but we had some surprizes along the way.

The doc appt was for me to ask her about a patch of a rash that suddenly appeared on my lower back last Saturday. Thinking it was an allergic reaction to something, I tried hydrocortizone until Wendnesday when I called for an appt since it wasn't getting any better. Turns out to be shingles! Shingles? I thought only old people got shingles! Well I knew Capt Steele had it, but she's exceptional. The Doc expressed that it comes out in times of stress. Stress? What stress?

A couple of girlfriends and I, who have ten children between us, got it into our heads that it would be hilarious to take all of the kids to a photo centre and watch the photographer try to get a good picture of them. One friend made an appt at Sears for 3:00. Karma's a bitch, I guess, and out to teach me what a bitch I am to have had the idea in the first place. I showed up at Sears with a minute or two to spare and called my g'friend to see how late she was going to be. Turns out I was at the WRONG Sears. I had to hustle the Munsters back to the car and race across the bridge to another mall, another Sears, where the rest of the gang waited. And it wasn't all that funny after all. The photographer was great with the kids, quick, efficient and while we only got four pictures that were any good, those four were actually nice shots! I had thought I'd buy a 5x7 as a momento, but ended up buying an 8x10 for home and a 5x7 for my office - joke's on me, I guess, but it was fun and the picture sure is cute!

Dad was in town last night so I didn't watch Gray's and ER, except for a few panicked seconds when he turned the tv on and it happened to be on Gray's channel at 43 past the hour. I freaked out while he tried to change the channel - you canNOT watch minute 44 of a tv drama before the previous 43! So tonight I'm going to tuck my shingle-riddled body into bed and watch the dvr'd episodes. Since Wen went to daycare this week, Steve and I are off together on weekends again!!! and he has promised me TWO sleepins! I can't WAIT!

G'night!

N

1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOL @ your photo attempt - the joke was definitely on you! :D I'd love to see the pics tho. :)

I still wonder if it's not shingles.... ;)