Monday, April 9, 2007

TWO DAYS.

Two days. That's how many they referred this past month. Last month they referred to October 24, this month they referred October 25 and October 26. That's it. When I wrote my last post, the rumours were referrals into November, as late as November 11! which would be amazing... As I wrote, I should know better than to get my hopes up. Even when the Oct 26 rumour started circulating I (and lots of other people) thought maybe that date was released so if they didn't get much farther "we" would still be happy that it wasn't two days. And it was. Two days.

The good news - if you can call it that - is that this can not be a new pattern. The programme is just not sustainable at that rate. Course, if it IS the new pattern, the programme is headed to close and we're shit outta luck. I'm going to assume it was an anomoly and not a new trend or the sign of the end. They (agencies and CCAA) continue to accept new applications and log in new dossiers for future adoptions... you'd think if things were intended to close they would stop accepting new families. You'd think.

SO, I'm trying not to let it get to me. But she seems so much farther away this week than she did last.

N

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so sorry....I am shocked that the rumor turned out to be true. They've got to pick up the pace, and get her to you!

Red Sand said...

Hugs. We can't give up.