Sadly, I had to open a Word document to check the spelling of "sighting". Yup, it's Friday evening.
I was at the mall tonight and saw a beautiful little girl. She was Chinese, her mom was caucasion. I asked "Is she yours?" and then "Did you adopt her?". I'm always hesitant about the second question, since the dad could be Chinese and some people are touchy about that. But THIS little girl was adopted from China and they just returned to Canada last week! We chatted for a few moments over the sale rack in Children's Place. I'm always quick to tell people we're logged in to adopt too, so they don't think I'm asking out of pointless curiosity... We touched on agencies and the wait, the rumour that there may be a batch of referrals before Chinese New Year next weekend. I asked "How is she doing?" and the Mom said "She's doing really great".
It was nice to see her. Nice to know that it does come to pass, and that the children can and do do well at least sometimes. It was good to see them out at the mall within a week of their return, not hiding at home in misery from jet lag. Talking to her made me excited and bummed about the wait...
N
No comments:
Post a Comment