I've read the C-IA experience referred to a "roller coaster ride" many times.
I guess that analogy makes this blog the hidden camera somewhere on the track that takes snapshots of the riders' expressions. You are the ones who stand and watch the posted pictures to see how scary the ride is.
The snapshot displayed in the last post was taken during one of the unexpected drops - from death defying height. The kind that literally pulls your organs up into your chest cavaty, squeezing your heart to the threat of stopping it.
I'd like to propose a change to the roller coaster discription. At least in MY fun park, THIS rollercoaster is designed to travel in and around OTHER rides, the cars from this one flying dangerously close to the units of the other rides. So, as the C-IA riders manage the twists and turns of the track we're on, we also have to elude swings and cars and flying horses on different tracks coming from all directions. This week alone, I've gotten dinged by the following rides:
The Week of Terror (how can working 3.5 days a week equal more than 40 hours?)
The Clinging Demon (sick 18mos olds have more tenacity than anything I've ever experienced)
The Mounds of Mumps and Frights (rest easy, music class is apparently not close enough contact - or is it?)
The Vanishing Dollar (self explanatory, so how come so mysterious?)
The Night of the Living Laundry (living and GROWING, that is)
Revenge of the Dustbunnies (remember: 3 cats, 2 dogs, 3 kids, 1 husband)
The Great Croup Caper (will we or won't we end up in the ER at 2am?)
... it's Monday. Quite the Fun House, eh?
Anyways, my point is this. I'm sure at times I'll seem like an escapee of the mental hospital. There's a saying out here; "If you don't like the weather in Nova Scotia, wait five minutes". If you don't like the tone of a post, check in on me later in the week.
N
1 comment:
Are things any better now that it's Tuesday?
Post a Comment