Friday, May 11, 2007

7 months and a short run partner

Rook and I tried the run today. Neither one of us made it :D He actually lasted longer than I did, but we only got a quarter of the way around before we had to turn back. I guess I have a short run partner and a long run partner. Poor Sam, you should have seen her face when I put the leash on Rookie. She sat by the door looking like the most angelic dog ever, nose to the opening to try and go to. Steve had to hold her back while she whined. I wish I could take both, but as crazy as I can be I'm not suicidal.

Today is May 11th, 7 months to the day after we were LID. Now the estimates are 30-36 months total. So we're about 20% of the way through the wait. It IS moving backwards isn't it? Sigh.

We have a special weekend planned! Amy and Andrew offered to take our crew for the weekend. Monday is Mother's Day, and I wanted to be with them so we compromised. I dropped the kiddos off this morning and we'll pick them up tomorrow evening. I don't know what to do with myself! Well, I know what I should do - all the stuff like cleaning, laundry, sorting their seasonal clothes, that I say I don't have time to do because of the kids - but I don't wanna! So instead I've laid on the couch and watched trashy daytime tv. Tonight Steve and I are going to go out and do all sorts of things that are more difficult with kids - supper and shopping, whatever else we feel like. Tomorrow morning we're going to sleep in! I'll be anxious to have them back tomorrow night.

Enjoy the weekend!

Natalie

N

No comments: