One of the reasons I am trying to keep this blog (even now recognizing my failure to do so recently), is to document for the kids, this time in our family. I am frightened by how much of their infancies I've already forgotten... I wish I could remember every moment. And the truly special moments need to be galvinized so as to keep them locked tight from time, such as this one...
Mornings are crazy here. Tuesday and Thursday especially, we need to be out of the house by 7:15am. Six people, four of whom under four feet tall, up, cleaned, fed, dressed, packed and out the door by 7:15. The other morning Steve had left early and I was getting the kids out the door, feeling the usual frustration created by a deadline and children indifferent to time. As I came through my bedroom I could hear them up in the spare room. Jack was reading them a story, but the book happened to be Puff the Magic Dragon. Instead of reading it, he was using the text to sing the words, and with his support the other three were singing along. No van Tramps, but my heavens they were sweet. So freakin' cute. I stopped in my bustle to stand in my room and listen without their knowing, and we still made it out of the door on time.
N
No comments:
Post a Comment