My Baby Girls are growing up...
PJ went to her orientation for primary yesterday. She was SOOO excited. She packed her backpack the night before with a snack, and an animal "in case" they had show and tell. She didn't need either, but insisted on taking them anyway! SHe chose a story about going to school and show and tell BECAUSE she was going to big school the next day. As far as I've heard, they did serve snack - to everyone - but Paxten asked if she could eat HERS. I don't think she snuck the show and tell in, though.
Since we brought AnnaWen home, she has sucked the middle two fingers of her left hand. Sometimes she covers up the 'crime' with her right hand. We didnt' really address it - the dentist wasnt' concerned about any impact on her teeth, and she only really did it when tired or stressed, so I didn't consider it to be an issue. We saw sooo little of her babyhood, I was just as happy to retain this little bit. Recently, I started asking her to take her fingers out when we were in public, and leaving it well enough alone when in the car or at home. Early in the spring, a dentist or hygeniest or someone came to their preschool to talk about teeth and the only message the girls seemed to get out of it was 'sucking on your thumb or finger will make your mouth smaller'. HUH? Yeah. Wen still sucked her fingers, but I think that's where it started. A few weeks ago, I realized I hadn't seen her suck her fingers in a few days... I watched for a couple more days and sure enough, the times at which she would usually have them in her mouth, she didn't. I asked her if she sucked her fingers any more and she said "no". I guess she decided it was time to stop and just stopped! I was amazed at her willpower! The other night she was sick, with a high fever. I tried to wake her up enough to take a Tylenol, but she refused, turned away from me, and plopped her fingers in her mouth. She wasn't awake enough to decide not to... I guess there's a little bit of baby in there still.
N
No comments:
Post a Comment