Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Productivity... a relative term...

In the mid night between Sunday and Monday PJ woke up with a fever, rapid breathing, bad cough and one puke. Because she was breathing fast, I called the new health hotline to see what symptoms I should be looking for that would turn it from bad to worse and warrant an ER visit. The nurse on the other line confirmed my concern that she was exhibiting Hiney symptoms and gave me the rundown of what to look for. When we woke up the next morning, I was ready to hunker down for a sick day, camped the kids on my bed with the tv, DSs and Sears Wish Book. I wasn't feeling great from my lack of sleep, either...

With such a low expectation for the day, we had a day of literally nothing. Music and basketball were cancelled (not just by us, either). We went no where, and did nothing. I think I may have turned the laundry over once, but maybe not. I made lunch and loaded the dishwasher but that's it. And the day was fantastic. Without the pressure of getting something done, I was totally relaxed and carefree with the kids. We hung out, coloured, watched movies, talked, played, read... it was wonderful to just BE with them, without trying to be productive with them... it was a completely unproductive day, but then again, maybe I was most productive yet! Too bad that can't happen more often.

N

No comments: